Monday, April 2, 2012

Ode to the Wise

There is a Mormon Message which I love, I was introduced to it years ago, and to this day I still listen to it often, it is called Advice from Elder Busche. Today, as I was sitting here cleaning out my inbox I found the link to it and decided to watch it again. At the very end of it he says,
"When you are compelled to give up something , or when things that are dear to you are withdrawn from you, know that this is your lesson to be learned right now, but know also, that as you are learning this lesson, God wants to give you something better!"
One year ago, I listen to that same message. One year ago I returned home from my mission. It was extremely difficult. Something which was very dear to me was withdrawn from me. I was no longer in the service of my Heavenly Father as a full time missionary. I was now obligated to turn my thoughts towards other things which were important to my eternal progression, such as school, marriage, work, etc. Things which I had not worried about for 18 months. I remember this because I wrote it on a note card and taped it to my mirror which sat in my room. I was not fully prepared to let that chapter end, and I wasn't willing to enter into the next chapter. But I did the very best I could, and I knew Heavenly Father would take care of the rest. Six weeks after I returned home from my mission, I met the a boy, who would eventually become my husband. Today, as I re-listened and reflected on the message from Elder Busche, I realize that statement was a full filled prophecy for me. I was compelled to give something great up, people who I loved and desired to spend all my time with were withdrawn from me, and then Heavenly Father did give me something better. He gave me my eternal companion. Being a wife has been an amazing experience. Not the easiest of transitions, but one that I wouldn't trade for anything. I cannot even begin to describe how my love for Kyle has grown, in only ten days. I feel so blessed, and am so grateful for the lessons which I have be taught by my Father in Heaven, and for the better things which I have received because of these lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment