Friday, April 13, 2012

Settled

        No, I'm not talking about my husband...He's exceptional!  But we have finally settled here in Herriman, UT!  Heard of it?  Kind of a random place to be, but right now we're happy!  After we got married we got to live the dream in Jackson Hole, WY.  Honestly not even a care in the world!  Then we moved to our lovely home in Rigby, ID!  The great and beautiful, South Fork Inn!  They gave us the handicapped room, they claimed it would be better.  LIARS.  I walked by the cleaning lady one day while she was cleaning a room, and it wasn't long before I realize, it was much larger than our room.  Oh well, we survived!  Quite the adventure actually!          
       Kyle has found some work (thank heavens) down in Payson, UT...it takes about an hour or so to get there.  So far, it's been great.  He loves working, and getting his hands dirty! He's been pulling some pretty long hours, therefore giving me plenty of time to get things done, but he's been happy! I have an amazing husband!
      I have started my student teaching here and I am in third grade!  The kids are fantastic and my cooperating teacher is amazing!  She has many strategies I wish I could implement in my own classroom.  It's been great!    
     We were able to attend our church services on Easter Sunday, and our Bishop was really on top of things, right after sacrament meeting he was right there inviting us into his office.  I feel completely out of place, because I don't really know how to relate to a person who has five children, a husband and soccer games every other night.  But I am sure Heavenly Father will bless me with the ability to relate to them and to get to know them.  Kyle and I are only here for a very short amount of time, and I have a feeling it will go very quickly!  Before we know it, we'll be feeding moose in our backyard in Alaska!  The great and forty ninth state!
     Today, marks three weeks Kyle and I have been married.  Since I was alone, I celebrated by calling my sister and ordering pizza! :)  Neato right?  I finally wrote all of my thank you cards, it is so hard to get the motivation to do that one!  Glad I got it done, Kyle and I have many people to thank for help us as we start our lives together and as we get on our own two feet!
     We're happy with the direction which things are going.  Whenever I prayed about getting married, or finding work, or things going smoothly for student teaching, in my own carnal mind I was extremely worried, but the spirit was always quick to relieve my heart of stress and worry and to remind me of the eternal perspective.  This life isn't the reward, it's the test and one day we'll all receive that state of complete happiness we're all busy searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment