Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekend Bliss

It's been a early tradition for my family to go to SLC and to go to the Christmas Concert put on by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square. Every year they invite special guest. This year it was Jane Seymour and Nathan Gunn. All together they put on an amazing performance. I've missed the last couple of years because I'd been serving a mission for the LDS Church in Los Angeles, (which was an amazing experience). It was neat to be with a lot of my family. My whole immediate family was able to attend, and so was much of my extended family. Being with family and hearing all of that amazing Christmas music really helped me to remember the true meaning of Christmas and what this time of year really is about. It's about our Savior, Jesus Christ, and His humble birth. It's about the greatest gift that was given to us from our Father In Heaven. It's the time that "God and sinners reconcile" and we dedicate our life to be more like our gift. How grateful I am to have been able to go to the concert this weekend and to have that fire of Christmas spirit lit. I just hope that I am able to keep it burning throughout the week. I know that being able to do this will all depend on my willingness to try, and do...I will update you on how it goes.
Another thing that was great about this weekend is that I was able to go see all the beautiful lights that are on temple square! WOW! What a sight that was. After the concert was over last night, I really wanted to go and look at the lights, because I didn't have time to go see them before the show. Therefore, 10 p.m. and Erica and I do temple square in fifteen minutes. Fantastic, honestly, the best way to do it! We walked through all the buildings, saw many lights, even saw some old friends, and then we were back in our hotel room. Perfect!
This was a perfect way to celebrate ending a school semester, and getting ready to start another one here in a few weeks. Which is my last one!!! HA! Not sure if I could be more excited for anything else...well, I could maybe think of one thing ;)...Kyle ha!

My adorable sister Holli at the concert!



Temple square + Lights = Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment